Today, we are going to share you the d-link dir-615 setup and troubleshooting. First of all you need to know the manual user guide for this product, you could print the manual user guide or download from the link from the source.
After that, you have to make sure that you already hold some equipment which have to use D-Link DIR-615 Router setup. Here are some standard equipment for quick installation.
D-Link DIR-615 Setup and Troubleshooting
- The product : DIR-615 wireless n router
- CD-ROM (Quick Router Setup Wizard and Manual), You will get this cd from the package
- Ethernet (CAT5 UTP) Cable
- Power Adapter (note: Do not using a power supply with a different voltage) to avoid any problem
You need to know that the default IP address, username and password as below:
Default IP: 192.168.0.1
Default Username: Admin
- Remove the D-Link Click and Connect CD.
- Be sure your Internet connection is active. DO NOT plug the router in yet.
- Insert the Quick Router Setup Wizard CD into your computer. ( OS requirement: WINDOWS 2000/ XP).
- Click “Install Router”( Follow the instruction on the screen and for more information please click “ View Manual”)
Router D-LINK DIR-615 setup – Troubleshooting
1. How do I configure my DIR-615 router without the CD, or check my Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Encryption Key?
- Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and enter the address http://192.168.0.1 The default username is ‘admin’. The default password is ‘’ (leave the field blank).
- If you have changed the password and can not remember it, you will need to reset the router to set the password back to ‘’ (leave the field blank).
2. How do I reset my router to factory default settings?
- Ensure the router is powered on.
- Press and hold the reset button on the rear of the device for 20 seconds.
Note: Resetting the router to factory default will erase the current configuration settings. To re-configure your settings, log into the router as outlined in question 1, then run the Setup Wizard.
3. How do I add a new wireless client or PC if I have forgotten my Wireless Network Name (SSID) or Wireless Encryption Key?
- For every PC that needs to connect to the router wirelessly, you will need to ensure you use the correct Wireless Network Name (SSID) and encryption key.
- Use the web based user interface (as described in question 1 above) to check or choose your wireless settings.
- Make sure you take a note of the settings so that you can enter them into each wirelessly connected PC.
4. What can I do if my router is not working correctly?
- The manual contains a full troubleshooting section and can be downloaded from here, however there are a few quick steps you can take to try and resolve any issues:
- Check the LED’s on the front of the router. The Power, Wireless and Internet LED should be on. One or more of the LAN LED should flash.
- Check that all the cables are firmly connected at both ends.
- Power the router off for 20 seconds, and then power it back on.
5. Why can I not get an Internet Connection?
- For Cable users make sure Clone MAC address option is ticked during Wizard installation (or enter the registered MAC) and make sure the service has been enabled/connected and is operational.
- For ADSL users please contact your ISP to make sure the service has been enabled/connected by your ISP and that your ISP username and password is correct.
Note: If you are unable to connect, see the Troubleshooting chapter of the product
manual in the D-Link DIR-615 WIRELESS N ROUTER CD.
I hope our short article about the quick installation guide of D-Link DIR-615 Setup and Troubleshooting would help you 🙂